Sunday, June 20, 2010

where it's at (two turntables and a microphone)

So you're probably reading this because you're interested in the wedding planning, right? And you'd probably be more interested if we actually got to the planning part. Where is this thing going to be held? Who's going to be running the show? And what about the party? The five tiered cake with red roses (no)? The food? Yes, I know these are all things that are on your mind because you have nothing else to think about. But here's the thing. We're sort of on hold right now because we're not quite sure where life will take us in the next year. And I'm trying, believe me I'm trying, to find out as soon as possible so we can get going with this wedding planning. I mean it's only like the most important day of my life so far. I'd kind of like to get to it.

And the other thing that has prevented me from posting much is that I'm still not entirely sure how I want to use this blog. I guess my vision was that with so many out of town friends and family who would normally be a part of the planning process, it would be nice to run some ideas by them via the blog to get some input while we're stuck here doing most of it on our own (not that I don't enjoy doing all of this planning with the mister, and he certainly isn't one of those grooms who says "whatever you want dear" leaving me to have a nervous breakdown trying to figure out what it is I want dear). But now I'm not entirely sure who's reading this and what I really want to share. I have found some great details that I am excited about making part of our day, but they immediately feel so personal to me that I'm not sure I want to put it out there. Maybe they should be surprises for everyone attending the wedding, or maybe they wouldn't even care about my special little details anyway! Maybe no one will even notice my special wedding cake forks or my personalized cake platters, and people probably won't be paying a whole lot of attention to our carefully planned playlist for the reception unless they're looking for the standard reception fare and are disappointed at the lack of Electric Slide and Don't Stop Believin' (I know, I wish we could play Journey too, but the mister has strictly forbidden it).

So here's the possibility I'm playing with: making this a private blog for only those close friends and family who I would trust with these details if they lived close enough to go shopping around with me. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. whatever you do with the blog, just make sure I can read it! :)

    I love hearing all the details and it's so fun to see the things you're excited about.

    I will say the biggest thing on "my" mind is the date!! The sooner we know when it's going to be, the sooner we can book flights, you know!! :) It is going to be in VA, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that, I'm totally fine with private (even better since you seem to disallow name-only comments over here) but would like an invite. I can comment, I promise, I can comment!

    ReplyDelete